Sunday, November 15, 2009

A little about me...

My friends would describe me as intelligent, loyal, a good listener and gregarious. I prefer to be with a small group of friends because I feel overwhelmed by all the stimulation of a crowd. In a crowd of people I am the one standing next to my friend smiling shyly and having trouble making eye-contact.

I work in the investment world but I am studying to be a licensed professional counselor. I graduate with my Master's degree in Psychology in January 2010. As of today I am 90% certain I will continue my education by pursuing my PsyD. I am deciding now whether I want to apply for Fall 2010 or 2011.

Last year I purchased my first home and a brand new car. I'm living in my new place in Rose Park. I KNOW everyone thinks Rose Park is the area you move if you don’t mind being robbed but it’s really not! My house was built in the early 50’s and I've put in a lot of work and it still needs a lot of work. It’s on a beautiful tree lined street and if you check you’ll find the older area of Rose Park is safer than a lot of the city. I love living in my own place!

I have two birds. Bronte is a green cheek conure I've had for four years. Oscar is a white capped pionus I've had him a little over a year. I assume both my birds are male but I don't know because their species do not sex differentiate and I don't want to bother testing them. I also adopted two kittens this summer. Chloe is a medium haired siamese looking cat and Peter, her brother, is a cream tabby.

Yes the cats stalk the birds and I have to be careful with them interacting. Oscar holds his own quite well with the cats and will actively chase them, it's pretty funny to see a 8 lb cat running in fear from a not much bigger than it's head.

I am a romantic at heart, creative and girly but also enjoys gardening, camping and being outdoors in general. I relax by doing something creative like painting or coloring.

I have decided not to attend church for now and am not sure if I will go back anytime soon. I was raised LDS and attended faithfully until I was 23. I believe there is a loving God and see his hand in the world around me. I believe my purpose for now is to be a good and loving person.

No comments:

Post a Comment